Monday, November 2, 2009

First Day at Work

First day at work was eventful in its own way. My Boss gave me a tour of the place. Our CTO was warm, welcoming and shared his insights into living in Nigeria. I was then introduced to the team and shown to my desk. Computer in place, we dove right into understanding existing processes and procedures. Oby, was of great helping me understand the setup.

Drove back to the residence for lunch with Ruben & Kenjie. Both of whom I now know, are as mischievous as can be.

Damien, our cook has lunch hot and ready on the table. Salad, chicken and rice was a welcoming sight. However I eventually found out, It was going to be a daily affair.

After lunch, we stopped at Goodies for Coffee and Cake. A neat Lebanese supermarket with a bakery attached to it. The coffee and chocolate cake has also become a affair now. J Keeps us awake!

Headed back to work, thereafter and right into a Monday afternoon meeting. It was an enlightening meeting on the company's quality driven mode of operations. Headed downstairs for some fresh air and conversation with Ruben & Chuck who kept feeding me on their experiences at Lagos thus far.

Thankfully I am in good hands here at Lagos. God has been good!

It was good to head back home, get into shorts and chill. Excited and looking to the morrow, I went to bed. Thankfully my phone has an alarm, without which It would be impossible to wake up on time.

I will have to stop here, or my alarm for tomorrow morning would be futile. I have a lot of catching up to do on this blog, will write more as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment